Since my freshman year at Fairfield I have been an active member of the independent student newspaper, The Mirror.
2007- Freshman year I wrote articles primarily for news. I remember my first piece was an article about an art museum that was to be constructed under Bellarmine, the then-current admission building.
After getting my first piece under my belt I moved on the cover stories such as speakers and campus events.
2007-2008 My sophomore year I was hired as Assistant Editor of the Campus Life section of the paper. In this position I wrote article mostly for my section of the paper and also helped edit stories for ampus Life and work on the weekly layout of my section.
It was during my sophomore year that I began taking photographs for the paper as well. I began by following around the paper's staff photographers and eventually began photographing smaller events and whatever else the paper needed covered that week.
2008-2009 Junior year I became Editor of Campus Life. I slowly stopped writing for the paper because I got so busy handing out stories and getting them handed in and edited. The majority of my time was spent laying out my section so I no longer had time to write.
Over the past few weeks I have found the time necessary to start writing again, and my love for journalism has returned. Last week I wrote and article about the Commencement speaker being announced- Dr. Peter Pronovost and this past week I wrote about a Professor who wrote a screenplay entitled "Helen Keller Speaks".
As the semester rapidly draws to a close I hope to continue to find time to write and have my storis printed in the few remaining issues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment